Sarnia Saints RFC
U18 Girls Rugby: Interested Player Information 2017
- Sarnia Saints U18 Girls Rugby – Travel Teams – Competitive
- Practice is at GLSS (Former SCITS) on Wellington Road Sarnia; Games are played in Southern Ontario between Sarnia and Niagara Falls, ON.
- Practices: Tuesday & Thursdays 5:30-7:30 GLSS (formerly SCITS) – Start May 30th
- Wednesday, Friday, and/or Sunday – Travel Games (Schedule TBA – released middle of June)
- The Season will take place from May 30th to Mid-August 2017 with most practices at GLSS (locations can change based on pitch availability – coaches will notify).
- For Highschool Age girls grades 9-12 (ages 14-18)
Head Coach U18
- Melissa Parker: email@example.com
- League Fees this year are “Approximately 280.00” dollars for the U18 Girls.
- Pitch Rental, Rugby Ontario and Rugby Canada Insurance, League Fees, Referees, Emergency Medical Field Staff, Practice Pads, Balls, Jerseys, etc.
- Players are to provide their own Shorts and Socks (Black), Mouth Guard, cleats, athletic tape (if needed) and water.
How to Register – VISIT:
- (All 2017 Registration Details must be completed ONLINE)
- Club Members, Players, Trainers, Directors, Officers, and Coaches all need to be Registered Online in order for the club and its’ members to be insured.
- A person must be registered in order to take part in any on-field or contact sport club activity.
- Annual Rugby Canada / Rugby Ontario Registration and Insurance terms are in effect from May 1st through to April 30th of each year.
Sarnia Saints Girls Junior Rugby Explained
- The Sarnia Saints U18 Girls Junior Rugby Program has been growing over the past three years and we are excited and determined to succeed in our long-term goal of developing a purposeful, strong, successful girls’ junior program that has strong ties with elementary schools, high schools and local colleges.
- Coaches at the Sarnia Saints Rugby Club continue our drive to be at the very center of the community in Sarnia and develop talented young rugby players.
- Our fundamental aims of our Girls Junior Rugby Initiative are to introduce a program that is safe, fun, and that develops the basic skills and understanding of the game of rugby.
- The coaches of Sarnia Saints Junior Program are highly trained in educating young participants and fostering a fun atmosphere full of game sense coaching techniques.
- At the top end of the junior spectrum, the Saints U18 program fosters a mix of hard work, fun, enthusiasm and professionalism on and off the field to focus on the advanced skill development and technique work to accomplish the transition of high school rugby players as well as newcomers into the surroundings of the club rugby environment.
- U16 (Ages 14-16) players are invited to also try-out and practice/play with the U18s.
- A U16 exhibition side may be created depending on numbers. Safety is always our first priority.
- U16 players who are still developing may not play in league games.
- If you have any questions regarding any aspects of our junior program please email the coach of the U18 girls program – Melissa Parker at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Parker is a former Ontario Provincial Team Player, CIS & OUA All-Star, and a long time
member of the Sarnia Saints RFC. She has her MA in Physical Education, B. Education, and a
degree in Hons. B. Kinesiology; She is a teacher with the St-Clair Catholic District School Board
and an assistant coach at University of Western Ontario on the Varsity Women’s Rugby team.
The following are girls/women’s Rugby Opportunities offered by the Sarnia Saints for the summer of 2017:
- Rookie Rugby – U6, U8, U10, U12 visit www.sarniarugby.com for more information or contact Youth Director Shawn Georgiou: email@example.com
- Junior Rugby – U18, U16 (Ages 14-18) 15 aside Travel Rugby (contact Melissa Parker see above)
- Women’s Rugby – Ages 18+ (Grade 12+ for those girls going to university next year).
- Practices are Tuesday and Thursday 6:30-8pm, Games are Saturday Travel. Contact Head Coach Katie Selman: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit us on Facebook for news and events: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarnia-Saints-RFC/288481791200666